cybersecurity consultant jobs Canada with responsibility 2023 We are seeking a talented and experienced Cybersecurity Consultant to join our dynamic team. As a Cybersecurity Consultant, you will be responsible for providing expert guidance and support in safeguarding our client’s digital assets, ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of their sensitive information. This is a unique opportunity to work with diverse clients across Canada and play a pivotal role in protecting their systems and data from evolving cyber threats.
cybersecurity consultant jobs Canada with responsibility 2023
- Conduct comprehensive cybersecurity assessments to identify vulnerabilities, risks, and potential threats in clients’ IT infrastructure.
- Develop and implement robust security strategies, policies, and procedures tailored to meet clients’ specific requirements and industry best practices.
- Collaborate with clients to assess their security posture, understand their business objectives, and provide strategic recommendations for enhancing their overall cybersecurity resilience.
- Perform penetration testing, vulnerability scanning, and security audits to identify weaknesses in clients’ networks, systems, and applications.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest cyber threats, attack vectors, and industry trends to proactively identify emerging risks and develop appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Assist clients in incident response activities, including containment, eradication, and recovery, in the event of a cybersecurity incident.
- Conduct security awareness training programs for clients’ employees to promote a culture of security awareness and vigilance.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including IT, legal, and compliance, to ensure alignment of cybersecurity efforts with organizational goals and regulatory requirements.
- Provide expert guidance on the selection, implementation, and configuration of security technologies, such as firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and endpoint protection solutions.
- Stay abreast of evolving cybersecurity regulations and standards in Canada and provide guidance to clients on compliance requirements.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field.
- Professional certifications such as CISSP, CISM, or CEH are highly desirable.
- Proven experience working as a cybersecurity consultant or in a similar role, with a strong track record of successfully delivering cybersecurity projects.
- Deep understanding of cybersecurity principles, best practices, frameworks (e.g., NIST, ISO 27001), and regulatory requirements (e.g., PIPEDA, GDPR).
- Experience with vulnerability assessment and penetration testing tools, such as Nessus, Metasploit, or Burp Suite.
- Strong knowledge of networking protocols, operating systems, and cloud platforms (e.g., Azure, AWS, GCP).
- Familiarity with security technologies, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and SIEM solutions.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to assess complex security issues and provide effective solutions.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively convey technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Proactive mindset with a passion for continuous learning and staying up-to-date with the latest cybersecurity trends and emerging threats.
Join our team of cybersecurity experts and make a significant impact in ensuring the digital safety of our clients. Apply today to be considered for this exciting opportunity.
How to Apply
This job posting includes screening questions. Please answer the following questions when applying:
Are you available for the advertised start date?
Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
Do you have the necessary equipment for remote work (i.e. internet, home office, etc.)?
What is the highest level of study you have completed?